ERIC VAUGHN-FLAM, ESQ. is Of Counsel to the firm. With over thirty years of experience as a lawyer, Mr. Vaughn-Flam is admitted to practice in Florida, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and the US Supreme Court.
Mr. Vaughn-Flam currently directs the firm’s intellectual property department, which focuses on copyright, trademark and advertising. Mr. Vaughn-Flam has extensive experience in licensing, multi-media, software and internet commerce.
In addition, Mr. Vaughn-Flam has a significant commercial practice, serving as counsel for a wide variety of companies engaged in the manufacturing, retail and service industries. Mr. Vaughn-Flam has served as New York Counsel for International Blimpie Corporation and has extensive experience in franchising.
A PARTIAL LISTING OF MR. VAUGHN-FLAM’S PAST AND PRESENT CLIENTELE INCLUDES:
- Disney Corporation
- EI DuPont De Nemours
- 20 Century Fox
- Sears Mortgage Corporation
- Inter National 1st Magazine
- Metropolitan Model Management
- HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH
- DEF JAM RECORDS
- the Danish Royal family
- The Original Improv COMEDY CLUB
- JELLY BEAN RECORDINGS INC.
- Abercrombie & Kent Destinations Clubs
- Canon Cigars
- Westminster Choir College
Mr. Vaughn-Flam’s recent accomplishments include:
- Having won an appeal In the case Dallal v. The NY Times, concerning copyright issues as applied to the internet;
- Concluding a music infringement action concerning Madonna’s hit Song “holiday,” where for the first time ring tone technology was utilized as a critical element in the prosecution of the claim;
- Representing the plaintiff in Hootie and the Blowfish v. Newman, in what is regarded as the largest management dispute on record; and
- Mr. Vaughn-Flam previously acted as lead litigation counsel in the much-publicized multi-national securities lawsuit Daiwa Securities v. RCMCAF Ltd.
Mr. Vaughn-Flam has been previously involved as both counsel and a principal in the development of numerous startup companies, including:
- Satelcom, a Dominican telecommunications company,
- Neutocrete, a franchiser of proprietary construction material,
- The Original New York Improv, a national brand comedy club, and
- numerous entertainment productions
- From 1985 to 1999 Eric Vaughn-Flam was the Senior and Founding partner of the law firm Selverne Vaughn-Flam & Mandelbaum.
- From 1984-1985, Mr. Vaughn-Flam served as President of Cook records.